The life cycle of innovations follow a sequence of stages:
i) Experiment: conception and early experimentation, typically by faculty in the faculties, labs and center but also in other academic and industrial settings. CEIT’ s engagement at this stage is to help identify educational possibilities and more sharply define the educational need.
ii) Incubate: implementation as pilot “ Discovery” projects by CEIT to ascertain the learning potential of particular innovations. CEIT’s role is most prominent in this phase as a facilitator of incubation activity to understand the educational value and impact.
iii) Transition: the articulation of a transition process for those that demonstrate learning value with a view toward sustainability,
iv) Service: ultimate delivery as a new service with the engagement of organizational units that can reliably deliver and maintain the new innovation for the long term.
CEIT is concentrating primarily on the first two quadrants, I & II, Experimentation and Incubation. CEIT will work closely with other key organizations or units to help identify transitioning successful pilot implementation more widely throughout the curriculum including TEDI, ITS, Libraries, and other appropriate groups, whose domains overlap but typically focus on quadrants III and IV.
- 2/2-Countries like Egypt, Oman, Qatar, Iran & UAE censor encrypted msg apps.In response, Signal & o… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- 1/2-Recent changes by Google & AWS to provide end-to-end transparency from requestor to server, i.e., the eliminati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 5 Mentions, 6.27K Mention Reach, 19 Likes, 3 Retweets, 4.22K Retweet Reach. See yours with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Liberal Blind Spots Are Hiding the Truth About ‘Trump Country’ via @NYT-Trenchant & incisive criticism of the broad… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Want Reliable Medical Information? The Trump Administration Doesn’t via @NYTimes- Embarrassing, both because of w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago