The life cycle of innovations follow a sequence of stages:
i) Experiment: conception and early experimentation, typically by faculty in the faculties, labs and center but also in other academic and industrial settings. CEIT’ s engagement at this stage is to help identify educational possibilities and more sharply define the educational need.
ii) Incubate: implementation as pilot “ Discovery” projects by CEIT to ascertain the learning potential of particular innovations. CEIT’s role is most prominent in this phase as a facilitator of incubation activity to understand the educational value and impact.
iii) Transition: the articulation of a transition process for those that demonstrate learning value with a view toward sustainability,
iv) Service: ultimate delivery as a new service with the engagement of organizational units that can reliably deliver and maintain the new innovation for the long term.
CEIT is concentrating primarily on the first two quadrants, I & II, Experimentation and Incubation. CEIT will work closely with other key organizations or units to help identify transitioning successful pilot implementation more widely throughout the curriculum including TEDI, ITS, Libraries, and other appropriate groups, whose domains overlap but typically focus on quadrants III and IV.
- The number one national security threat to the US today? Not Korea, but China. The number one threat is K-12 educat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- @PhilKomarny @strategyforedu @whitneykilgore @calimorrison @PaxtonRiter @angelagunder @adaptivechat @kthompso… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Not sure that student’s have a sense they can make choices about their education, that they actually own their choi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Hardest thing to believe is in a life you have not lived. That is the meaning of faith and the gift of education. @tarawestover #HESummit19 1 day ago
- The most important thing about money is that it frees you up to think about things other than money. When you don’t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago