The life cycle of innovations follow a sequence of stages:
i) Experiment: conception and early experimentation, typically by faculty in the faculties, labs and center but also in other academic and industrial settings. CEIT’ s engagement at this stage is to help identify educational possibilities and more sharply define the educational need.
ii) Incubate: implementation as pilot “ Discovery” projects by CEIT to ascertain the learning potential of particular innovations. CEIT’s role is most prominent in this phase as a facilitator of incubation activity to understand the educational value and impact.
iii) Transition: the articulation of a transition process for those that demonstrate learning value with a view toward sustainability,
iv) Service: ultimate delivery as a new service with the engagement of organizational units that can reliably deliver and maintain the new innovation for the long term.
CEIT is concentrating primarily on the first two quadrants, I & II, Experimentation and Incubation. CEIT will work closely with other key organizations or units to help identify transitioning successful pilot implementation more widely throughout the curriculum including TEDI, ITS, Libraries, and other appropriate groups, whose domains overlap but typically focus on quadrants III and IV.
- Arron Banks, the insurers and my strange data trail-I haven’t been tracking the Cambridge Analytica Leave. EU collu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- If people don’t know about the Holocaust, it’s because they don’t really care-a sobering & achingly sad reminder th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- 2/2 finding was faculty build a theory of teaching & learning that often doesn’t rise to metacognitive awareness.Y… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- 1/2 Neurosurgeon Eric Leuthardt: ‘An interface between mind and machine will happen’. EL’s said something in this i… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- The LATimes portrait of SmugMug is worth reading. Impressed, heartened, and happy they are the new owners of Flickr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago